What does Security Bank & Trust Co. do with your personal information?
The website and mobile application services request access to information stored on your device, or other features you are enrolled in to enrich and simplify your own user experience and improve our services, as well as provide additional security to protect your account.
It is important for you to understand that:
- Before granting access to this information on your mobile app, you will be prompted to give the application that permission.
- If you do not wish to grant certain permissions, you may decline.
- If you later change your mind, permissions can be updated in your device’s settings.
How we use Personal Information collected
Some examples of information your app will request access to are:
- Location – Your location is used to prevent fraudulent activity and to display locations near you within the mobile app, as well as provide data for fraud detection services.
- Contacts – Allows you to add contacts for features that allow you to send money via your mobile app. We will only add the contacts you choose, and that information will not be shared.
- Camera/Images – Your camera is used to capture check images.
- Personal Information – Your personal information is used for identification & contact methods.
- Cookies – Allowing access lets you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering of your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
How Personal Information is collected
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, email, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the website and mobile application services, including account numbers, identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the website and mobile application services.
(b) Personal Information Collected Via Technology.
We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our services, our communications, and other online services, such as: Device type (e.g., phone, tablet), OS type and version, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your device and agree to the collection of your location when prompted, we will collect location data. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
How we protect Personal Information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. The application information is retained in accordance with state and federal record retention laws. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
How we share Information
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the website and mobile application services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, the website and mobile application may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
Link to other sites